Dream Downtown - 4* - New York
355 West 16th St, New York, NY 10011
Dream Downtown is the perfect urban escape housing 299 expansive guest rooms, 16 suites, multiple food and beverage outlets, and fashion boutique. A local destination on its own, The Beach, is a landscaped outdoor terrace with heated infinity pool and private cabanas. Cherry, featuring Japanese cuisine with a French accent, offers sushi and sake from noted restaurateur Jonathan Morr. A partnership between TAO Group, Serge Becker (Miss Lily?s, La Esquina), and his UK partners Will Ricker and Ed Spencer Churchill, Bodega Negra has crossed the pond, bringing its menu of modern Mexican fare to New York City?s Dream Downtown. Chef Michael Armstrong?s menu draws inspiration from the diverse regions of Mexico, and is designed for sharing, ranging from small plates such as ceviches, tacos, and salads, to large-format offerings. Many floors up is PH-D, Dream's penthouse and rooftop lounge with unobstructed views of the Midtown NYC skyline.
The hotel offers premium services including, twice-daily housekeeping service, concierge services, wireless Internet access and hard-wired broad spectrum Internet access, 24 hour in-room dining, 24 hour fitness center and treatment room, laundry valet and shoe shine service, dog walking service, choice of daily newspaper, and valet parking (parking fee applies).
The hotel offers deluxe rooms with direct access to beach club and pool deck, Juliet balcony rooms available, duplex Presidential Suite with private outdoor hot tub, recessed audio speakers in guest bathrooms, state-of-the-art in-room automation, wireless, multi-line telephones with voice mail, 40-inch Samsung LED TV with iPod and computer compatible media hub, In-room Tivoli alarm clock with iPod connection, laptop compatible in-room safe, on demand access to hotel gift boutique, 350-thread count Egyptian cotton bed linens, Plush feathe
*May incur an additional cost
- Dry cleaning*
- Valet parking*
- Outdoor pool
- Pets allowed*
*May incur an additional cost
- Room Service*
- Air Conditioning
- Turndown service
- TV speaker in bathroom
- Windows open
- Internet Access*
- Cherry: Fluent in Japanese but with a French accent, Cherry features sushi and sake from Bond creator Jonathon Morr.
- Bodega Negra: A partnership between TAO Group, Serge Becker (Miss Lily?s, La Esquina), and his UK partners Will Ricker and Ed Spencer Churchill, Bodega Negra has crossed the pond, bringing its menu of modern Mexican fare to New York City?s Dream Downtown. The menu consists of original items created by Chef Michael Armstrong, as well as a small selection of signature dishes available at the UK location. Chef Armstrong?s menu draws inspiration from the diverse regions of Mexico, and is designed for sharing, ranging from small plates such as ceviches, tacos, and salads, to large-format offerings.
- Ph-D Bar/Lounge: Though many have tried, few have succeeded in creating a space like Ph-D Rooftop Lounge, Manhattan's first bi-level rooftop lounge. A staple of Downtown New York City nightlife, Ph-D serves panoramic New York skyline views with your favorite cocktails. Designed to be the ultimate penthouse, Ph-D features deluxe touches like Italian Porto marble and amber Venini glass chandeliers. The comfort and scenery of the space is reason enough to visit, but add a state-of-the-art audio and light system and scheduled DJs to the mix and you'll find the best space out of bars in New York City to party in. Ph-D has all you'll need for a memorable night on the town.
- The Beach: You don't need to fly to a secluded island to put in a little time waterside. Dream Downtown carved out a valley between its North and South Towers to form The Beach, New York's very own bit of St. Tropez. The Beach spans 4,800 square feet filled with imported sand, private cabanas, Cote D'Azur-inspired chaise lounges. Our Manhattan hotel pool features a partially translucent bottom, allowing guests to view the lobby below. Note: The Pool Bar & Grill is open seasonally in the summertime, but the pool is open year-round; there is an enclosure over the pool area in the winter months.
- Small pets welcome (extra charge)
- Small dogs welcome (extra charge)
- Smoking permitted in designated public areas
Check-in time: 15:00 Check-out time: 12:00
- Heller Gallery
- EWR: 20.0 Mile
- Theater District : 1.0 Mile
- Central Park : 2.0 Mile
- Empire State Building : 1.0 Mile
- Rockefeller Center : 1.0 Mile
- JFK: 18.0 Mile
- LGA: 12.0 Mile
- Statue Of Liberty : 2.0 Mile
- Mtv Productions : 1.0 Mile
- Chelsea Piers Sports Complex: 0.25 Mile
- Buddakan Restaurant
- Hudson River Park
- Financial District : 1.0 Mile
- Chelsea Market Food Network
- South Street Seaport : 2.0 Mile
- Apple Store
- Intrepid : 1.0 Mile
- Historical Highline Rail
- Times Square : 1.0 Mile
- Directions: DIRECTION TO THE PROPERTY FROM AIRPORT EWR -
FROM NEWARK LIBERTY AIRPORT, TAKE US-19 TOWARD NEWARK
DOWNTOWN/RT-21. THIS BECOMES RT-139E WHICH THEN WILL
BECOME 12TH STREET. 12TH STREET BECOMES BOYLE PLAZA
WHICH TURNS INTO THE HOLLAND TUNNEL. PROCEED THROUGH
THE HOLLAND TUNNEL AND TAKE EXIT 1 TOWARD RT-9A NORTH,
WESTSIDE HIGHWAY. TURN A SLIGHT LEFT ONTO LAIGHT
STREET. TURN RIGHT ONTO 12TH AVENUE AND A RIGHT ONTO
DIRECTION TO THE PROPERTY FROM AIRPORT JFK -
I-678 MERGE ONTO GRAND CENTRAL PARKWAY WEST VIA EXIT 10
ON LEFT. TAKE I-495 TO EXIT ON LEFT TOWARD 34TH ST,
STAY STRAIGHT TO MIDTOWN TUNNEL. TURN RIGHT OUT OF
TUNNEL ONTO 34TH ST THEN A LEFT ONTO 9TH AVENUE
FOLLOWED BY A LEFT ON 16TH STREET.
DIRECTION TO THE PROPERTY FROM AIRPORT LGA -
TAKE GRAND CENTRAL PARKWAY WEST TOWARD MANHATTAN.
MERGE ONTO THE BROOKLYN QUEENS EXPRESSWAY VIA EXIT 4.
MERGE ONTO I-278/BQE AND TAKE I-495, LONG ISLAND
EXPRESSWAY EXIT 35 TOWARDS THE MIDTOWN TUNNEL. TAKE
EXIT 35 TOWARD THE MIDTOWN TUNNEL. TAKE EXIT ON LEFT
TOWARD 34TH ST DOWNTOWN. OUT OF THE TUNNEL TURN LEFT
ON 34TH ST THEN A RIGHT ON 9TH AVENUE FOLLOWED BY A
LEFT ON 16TH STREET.
DIRECTION TO THE PROPERTY FROM EAST -
TAKE I-84 W TOWARD DANBURY. TAKE EXIT 20 FOR I-684
TOWARD NY-22/ WHITE PLAINS PAWLING. MERGE ONTO
HUTCHINSON RIVER PKWY S. CONTINUE ONTO CROSS COUNTRY
PKWY. FOLLOW SIGNS FOR SAW MILL PKWY S / NEW YORK
CITY. CONTINUE ONTO HENRY HUDSON PKWY. CONTINUE ONTO
NEW YORK 9A S. TURN LEFT AT W 16TH STREET.
DIRECTION TO THE PROPERTY FROM NORTH -
TAKE RAMP ONTO I-90 W. TAKE EXIT 9 TO MERGE ONTO I-84
W THEN FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IN PLACE FROM CONNECTICUT.
DIRECTION TO THE PROPERTY FROM SOUTH -
TAKE THE HARBOR TUNNEL THRWY/I-895N EXIT. MERGE ONTO
I-95 N. SLIGHT RIGHT AT I-295 N/DELEWARE TURNPIKE.
CONTINUE TO FOLLOW I-295 N AND MAKE LEFT AT US-40 E.
CONTINUE ONTO NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE N. CONTINUE ONTO
I-95 N AND TAKE EXIT 16E TOWARD
Credit cards accepted by hotel
- American Express